2. Information collected from you
2.1. We may collect and store data provided by you for the following purposes:
- Registering or subscribing to gain access to the website or receive email newsletters.
- Posting content for publication on the website.
- Purchasing or receiving our goods and services.
- Taking part in research or surveys.
- Entering competitions, including any competitions organised and fulfilled by third parties.
- Completing feedback or enquiry forms.
- Any correspondence with us if you contact us for any reason.
- If your personal information is relevant to certain products and is freely available through public sources, such as on a website related to your work or profession, we may use this personal information for providing customers with our products, as is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation.
2.2. We may also collect and store information about your visits to our site and your computer (including your IP address, geographical location, length of visit, number of page views, browser type and referral source). This is statistical information used for system administration and to provide aggregate information to our advertisers. It does not identify any individual.
3. Lawful Processing in Europe
Questor Media collects and uses personal information. The lawful bases we use for this activity in Europe, as required under European data protection laws, are:
- Where it is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you
- Where we have a legitimate interest to do so, provided your rights do not override these interests
- Where you have consented to its use
- Where our colleagues believe it is in your vital interests to share your personal details, for example with emergency services
- Where required to comply with our legal obligations
We will use your personal information to send you newsletters, offers or other marketing emails to keep you up to date with our news, events and products that may be of interest. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us and the laws of the country where you live, you may have actively given your consent for this by opting in, or we may be entitled to rely on your implied consent or our legitimate interests. The opportunity to opt out of future marketing emails will always be provided, and information on how to do this given when your personal information is collected and on every marketing email sent. Further information on how to change your marketing preferences is provided in the section below.
5.2. Cookies are used where necessary for the purposes of making the website work, for monitoring performance or for facilitating functionality.
6. Uses made of your Information
6.1. We use your information in the following ways:
- To administer the website and present content in the most effective manner.
- To provide you with the information, products or services on the site that may be of interest to you or you have requested from us.
- To carry out our obligations to you arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you of any changes to our service or deal with any complaints or queries raised by you.
- To send you marketing information regarding our products and services and other features.
- To allow our commercial partners to contact you directly with marketing and other commercial information about their services. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box in the registration form.
- To publish information on the website supplied by you where you have requested such information to be published.
7. Security of your information
7.1. We will take all reasonable care to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
7.2. All information you provide is stored on our secure servers. Transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site.
7.4. You are responsible for keeping your website password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone else.
8. Sharing your information
8.2. In addition, we may disclose information about you for the following purposes:
- In connection with any legal or prospective legal proceedings.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- To the purchaser or prospective purchaser in the event that we may sell any business or assets.
9. Access to Information
You have the right to access information about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing the information to you.
This website contains links to other website. If you follow a link to another website, we are not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites.