Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild, founder of the campaign group Coalition for Inclusive Capitalism, is the keynote speaker at the International Integrated Reporting Council’s annual convention in Amsterdam next week.
Lady Lynn heads the speaker line-up in the IIRC’s event, which also includes Richard Hewitt, chief executive of the IIRC, and Professor Mervyn King, the man behind the King Reports on corporate governance.
Also among the speakers is Giorgio Saavedra, senior financial officer and integrated reporting lead at the World Bank, and Louise Davidson, chief executive of the Australian Council of Superannuation Investors (ACSI).
In an interview earlier this year, Lady Lynn, whose organisation works to change the nature of business so that it creates broad-based prosperity, told Board Agenda: “…the best companies are those that understand their purpose, and their duty to their customers, their employees, and their communities.
“Importantly, those companies have been proven, in various studies, to be the better long-term investment. They’re also just doing the right thing.”
The IIRC’s conference is themed “unlocking value for future-fit organisations”, and will explore a host of issues in integrated reporting, including:
- Breakthroughs around the world in integrated reporting and thinking;
- What the latest evidence shows about the impact on markets; and
- Changing corporate and investor behaviour and decision-making.
The convention will also host sessions critical to investors, such as:
- Investor views on the factors that underpin resilient businesses;
- Progress on adopting a “multi-capital” approach to investment; and
- How Integrated Reporting is leading to better communication with investors on strategies and business models.
The event takes place in Amsterdam on 12 and 13 October.